Truck Accident Statistics
There are staggering numbers of trucking accidents taking place in Tennessee every year, with many serious, catastrophic or fatal injuries to other motorists who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Institute for Highway Safety reports the following statistics:
- 96% of the fatalities in large truck crashes are passenger vehicle occupants.
- One in ten highway deaths involve a large truck.
- Truck driver fatigue contributes to the number of truck accidents.
- Truck braking capacity is a dangerous factor in truck accidents.
- Many fatal accidents occur at slow speeds.
- A total of 3,514 people died in truck crashes in the USA in 2012, an increase over 2011.
- 3% of the deaths were caused by a drunk truck driver with a BAC at or over 0.08
Memphis Trucking Accident Lawyer
Accidents Involving Big Rigs, 18-Wheelers, Tractor Trailers in Tennessee
Injured in a Tennessee truck accident? You need a lawyer who knows how to handle an 18-wheeler truck accident and the serious injuries those accidents cause. You need someone familiar with complicated accident cases. You need a lawyer who knows how to get you the compensation you rightfully deserve.
You need David Gordon and his team. Located in the Memphis area, the Law Office of David E. Gordon provides aggressive representation for individuals injured in truck accidents and for the families who have lost loved ones.
Mr. Gordon has achieved significant victories in car accident claims and lawsuits. He has the highest possible ranking on Avvo, a perfect 10.0. Mr. Gordon is also a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist – one of only 2% of attorneys in the state. He has the highest possible rating from the most respected law firm peer review rating service, Martindale-Hubbell®, with an AV Preeminent® rating.
The legal professionals at the Law Office of David E. Gordon have dealt with serious highway truck accidents. They know how the regulations of truck companies work and make sure these corporations follow the letter of the law.
At the Law Office of David E. Gordon, every detail will be managed professionally, from start to finish. You can expect individual attention to your case. You can be assured that you and your family will be treated with the utmost compassion and care, and we are recognized for our many victories in negotiated settlements and at trial.
We are available 24/7 to serve you, and invite you to find out more about us and our firm’s victories before you make a decision.
How We Can Help With Your Truck Accident Claim
When you work with a truck accident injury lawyer at the Law Office of David E. Gordon, you have the benefit of our years of experience and our knowledge of the federal and Tennessee law and insurance regulations that apply to commercial trucking accidents.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has compiled the leading causes of crashes involving tractor-trailers, also known as semis, big rigs or 18-wheelers. The top causes of crashes are:
- Braking failure;
- Traffic congestion;
- Truck operator prescription drug use;
- Truck operator driving too fast for road condition;
- Truck driver unfamiliarity with the road;
- Road construction;
- Truck driver’s failure to stop at a traffic signal, stop sign or cross walk;
- Truck driver fatigue.
We’ll see whether those crash factors are present in your case. We’ll get to work right away to prove the liability of the trucking company and truck driver. We’ll work to preserve the evidence we need for your claim. That will mean gather this information:
- Driver logs;
- The truck driver’s record of tickets or other infractions;
- The truck’s electronic recorder or “black box”;
- Information from the shipping company;
- Driver manuals;
- Any history of violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations;
- Inadequate or improper driver training;
- Information on the truck’s weight and load limits;
- Information that shows whether the truck driver was encouraged to speed or skip federal rest requirements.
Truck accident claims can be complex. They require an immediate and detailed investigation of the facts. We may need to hire an accident reconstructionist, and obtain a subpoena to gain access to the truck’s “black box” data. We’ll also make a full survey of the roadway and accident scene. In some cases, we will investigate the vehicle’s safety systems (brakes, tires, etc.) or obtain a toxicology report from the truck driver.
With David Gordon and his team on your side, you can be confident that you have experienced legal professionals helping you to seek justice and full compensation. We can handle the investigation and all of the details of case preparation for you. Contact David Gordon at (901) 818-4889 today and schedule a free case evaluation.