When personal injury victims and their families in Olive Branch need compassionate, skilled and experienced legal assistance, they know they can turn to The Law Office of David E. Gordon.
We are a highly rated personal injury law firm based in Memphis that has a long record of serving clients in Olive Branch and many other communities throughout northern Mississippi and Tennessee.
Founding attorney David E. Gordon has been practicing law for more than three decades. He understands the challenges that accident victims face, including dealing with medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering brought on through no fault of their own. He is dedicated to seeking maximum compensation for his clients and making a meaningful difference in their lives.
Because of his prior experience on “the other side” of personal injury and wrongful death claims, representing insurance companies, he brings to his clients a unique understanding of how insurance companies operate. He is ready to put that insight and experience to work for you.
We can assist in a wide range of cases, including those that involve:
To receive a free consultation about your case in Olive Branch, simply contact us today.
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Olive Branch, Mississippi
Attorney David E. Gordon is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist who is admitted to practice in both Mississippi and Tennessee. He has been listed as a Super Lawyer in Tennessee seven times, including every year since 2011. He also has a perfect 10.0 rating from the AVVO lawyer-rating service and an AV rating of pre-eminent in the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory.
For many years, Mr. Gordon was a defense attorney who represented insurance companies in personal injury cases. Today, his practice is exclusively dedicated to standing up for the rights of personal injury victims and their families, using his knowledge of common insurance company tactics and how to counter them. The Law Office of David E. Gordon has received an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau Business Review.
Mr. Gordon freely shares his insights with residents of Olive Branch and surrounding areas through his appearances on Fox 13 Memphis. He also recently published a book about insurance company secrets that is being offered for free, 19 Things You Must Know (and that the Insurance Company Won’t Tell You).
Attorneys Trent A. Gullett and Erin Hillyard assist Mr. Gordon in providing highly personalized and professional representation to their clients.
You can reach our Memphis office from Olive Branch by taking I-240 East or I-55 North followed by I-240 East. We are a roughly 20-minute drive away. However, we are available to meet with you at your home, the hospital or any other location that is most convenient for you.
What You Should Do After an Auto Accident in Olive Branch
Many of the clients we serve in Olive Branch are victims of car and other types of motor vehicle accidents. If you have been involved in a crash, we suggest that you take the following steps:
- Call 911. Even if your crash appears to be a minor one, you will want a police officer to arrive, secure the scene and gather information to file a crash report. You and others may also be in need of immediate medical attention.
- Exchange information with other driver(s). Don’t allow any other driver(s) to walk away from the scene without getting their names and insurance information. Of course, you should provide the same information.
- Take photos. Before any cars are moved, you should try to get photos of them. You should also get shots of the surrounding scene, including debris, skid marks, road signs and traffic controls.
- Get eyewitness information. You should get the names and contact information of any person who saw the crash or the immediate aftermath. Act fast: Witnesses typically do not stay long at the scene.
- Seek medical treatment. If are not taken away by EMTs, you should see your doctor as soon as possible or go to the emergency room. In Olive Branch, you may consider going to:
- Getting medical care is important for your health as well as for your legal claim. You will need documentation of your injuries.
- Request a copy of your accident report. Within a few days after your accident, a crash report should be available. You can request a copy by going to the law enforcement agency that responded to your crash. In Olive Branch, that agency may be:
You can also go online and request a copy from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. When you order a copy of your report, you should expect to pay a fee between $10 and $20.
- Report the accident to your insurer. If you look at your auto insurance policy, you will likely see a provision that requires you to report any accident within a certain time period after it occurs. Make sure to comply with this policy.
- Decline to speak with any other insurer. If any other driver’s insurance company reaches you, decline to give a statement or to accept a settlement offer until you have spoken with a lawyer in Olive Branch first.
- Keep everything. Hold on to every bill, receipt or other document related to your auto accident. Make copies and store them in a safe place.
- See a car accident attorney. Get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible. At the Law Office of David E. Gordon, we offer free consultations because we do not want concerns about cost to get in the way of you seeking legal help you need.
What to Expect When You Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm
You can feel comfortable meeting with us in a confidential, no-obligation consultation. We can use your consultation to learn more about your case, answer your questions and explain what may lie ahead as we pursue compensation for you. The steps in your case can include:
However, in some cases, a lawsuit may need to be filed in a federal court such as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, which has courthouses in Aberdeen, Greenville and Oxford.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You in Olive Branch, MS
After you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident in Olive Branch, you need to focus on your health and your family. Let us deal with the insurance companies and aggressively pursue compensation for you. To get started, contact the Law Office of David E. Gordon today. Call or reach us online to receive a free consultation.