Accidents are the leading cause of serious injury and death in the Memphis area and throughout the state of Tennessee. Those vehicle accidents include car, truck, and motorcycle accidents.
- The state had almost 1,000 fatal injury auto accidents in 2013.
- In 2013 Shelby County had 2,868 injuries from accidents and 7,664 other accidents with possible injuries.
At the Law Office of David E. Gordon, you will find outstanding client service and care, dedication, and the legal credentials that could make a difference in the value of your settlement or verdict. Mr. Gordon is one of only 2% of Board Certified Civil Trial Specialists in the state, and he has earned a reputation for his many victories in difficult cases.
Why the Law Office of David E. Gordon? The firm operates differently than most accident and injury law firms. When you hire the Law Office of David E. Gordon, you will work directly with Mr. Gordon. He is fully committed to providing individual legal services, and his goal is to respond to you within minutes. The firm is proud to provide personal, one-one-one service in every case.
Find Your Accident
Accident & Injury Claims We Handle
Our firm accepts a range of injury cases, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: All types of auto accidents, including car, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, as well as work-related vehicle accidents.
- Construction Accidents: Ladder falls, falling objects, scaffolding falls, crane accidents, trench collapses, equipment accidents, electrocution, toxic exposure and others.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Security failures, drowning, burns, slip and fall, trip and fall, serious animal attack cases and other premises liability cases.
- Catastrophic Injury Cases: Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe burns, amputations, loss of limb, sight, hearing and other catastrophic cases.
Notable Verdicts and Settlements
The firm has recovered millions in damages for the injured, and is ready to help you. Recent notable verdicts and settlements we’ve obtained include:
- Truck Accidents: Tragically, a family of five, including a baby, were rear-ended by an 18-wheeler while stopped to make a turn. All of the family members were injured, but this case involved a terrible loss – the baby was thrown from the vehicle and died. The family was able to recover a large out-of-court settlement, including compensation for the terrible and unnecessary loss of the innocent child.
- Vehicle Accidents: One of our clients, a 21-year-old man, was a passenger in a dump truck that was hit by a negligent driver, pushing the dump truck off the road and into a ravine, where the young man died before emergency medical personnel arrived at the scene. His wife and small child not only suffered the terrible loss of a loved one, they also lost his earning capacity, support, companionship and love, and the child lost the love and guidance of the father. David Gordon negotiated a significant out-of-court settlement without the need to file a lawsuit.
- Car Accidents: A case involving a negligent driver led to a victim facing surgeries to attempt to resolve injuries to her back. She was unable to function as she had in the past, including the most common household duties, interaction with children, shopping, exercise or other activities. David Gordon engaged with the insurance company, which was trying to claim that her injuries were not accident-related, but were preexisting conditions. He was able to resolve this case for his client for a very large sum, negotiated in mediation.
- Work Injuries: A client of the firm was injured on the job when a package crashed into her, pinning her and injuring both knees. Over the following four years, both knees required surgery, and she was finally terminated because she missed so much work. She was offered a modest sum from her employer (Federal Express), which is when she made the decision to speak with David Gordon. His involvement in the case led to an award five times what was originally offered by the company.
- Work Injuries: A worker suffered a serious back injury while working for a retail tire outlet. He lost his job as a result of the injuries he sustained, and he was offered a paltry level of compensation through workers’ comp in a settlement offer. He then got David Gordon involved. David chose to file the claim in Tennessee rather than in Mississippi, as the benefits are higher in TN. Ultimately, the insurance company paid the injured man 30 times the original settlement offer.
We encourage you to read more about our firm’s successful verdicts and settlements. We are committed to pursuing justice. We know what it takes to negotiate successfully, and we prepare your case fully as if it were heading to the courtroom.
Call Experienced Memphis Accident Attorney Today
We offer a jaw-dropping level of service. Our goal is to help you seek justice, and we are relentless in demanding fair compensatory damages for our clients. You can expect caring and professional service from a friendly, dedicated and effective support team. Call us. We offer a free case review and are prepared to assist you immediately.