Injury Statistics: The Facts
The possibility of being seriously injured in an accident may be far higher than you realize. Consider these statistics from the Centers for Disease Control for 2012:
- More than 37 million people required medical care for an injury.
- More than 80 million people visited doctors, hospital outpatient services and ERs for injuries.
- About 41 million people visited the emergency room for treatment.
- About 1.1 million fractures were recorded.
- About 1 million people were treated for complications after surgery or medical care.
- Deaths from injuries were at 187,464, including 33,783 deaths from motor vehicle accidents.
Injury Lawyer in Memphis: Your Advocate for Justice
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another person or business, the outcome of an insurance claim or lawsuit can have a significant impact on your future health, both physically and financially.
Turn to the Law Office of David E. Gordon when you need legal help for your injury claim. We respond quickly, and our founder, David Gordon, is one of only 2% of lawyers in the state who is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist. He is a talented litigator, and takes his clients’ cases to heart. His personal dedication to achieving justice for the injured is what drives him to fight tirelessly for each person he represents.
Injury Cases Our Firm Handles:
The Law Office of David E. Gordon handles a range of injury cases including the following:
- Car Accident Injuries: Serious and catastrophic injury cases, including uninsured motorist claims and all others.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, severe burns, disfiguring injuries and others.
- Construction Accident Injuries: Ladder falls, scaffolding falls, equipment failures, electrocution cases and others.
- Premises Liability Injuries: Severe injuries resulting from slip or trip and fall injuries, inadequate security leading to injuries and all other injuries occurring on private, government or commercial property.
- Wrongful Death – Fatal Injuries: The firm also represents families of those who have died due an act of negligence.
We’ve made it simple to find out more about your specific type of injury. See the links below for information and advice on your accident or injury. Our goal is to help you understand how the legal process works to ensure you fully recover.
Your injuries are serious and your claim requires the help of an experienced legal team. In some cases we have recovered compensation that is almost 30 times higher than what the insurance company offered.
Connect with our firm for a free case evaluation. You can expect us to respond quickly, and when we take on your case, it will be given the full attention and focus of our legal team. Call now.
Notable Settlements and Verdicts in Injury Cases: the Law Office of David E. Gordon
Our firm has achieved many high value settlements and verdicts, including the following:
- Workplace Injury – Settled for Almost 30 Times First Offer
- Car Accident – Large Out-of-Court Settlement Negotiated for Family and Deceased Child
- Workplace Injury – Trial Victory with 5 Times Original Offer from Insurance Awarded
- Truck Accident – Large Out-of-Court Settlement for Truck Accident Leading to Injuries and Death
- Auto Accident – Insurance Company Forced to Pay 3 Times Original Settlement Offer in Trial Verdict.
Read more about our verdicts and settlement to help you decide if you are connecting with the right firm to handle your case.
We Can Help with the Personal Injury Claims Process
You may not need to go to court recover damages in your personal injury claim. The reality is that we resolve most of our cases in Memphis and surrounding areas in Tennessee and northern Mississippi through a settlement.
A settlement is an agreement between you and the at-fault party (or parties) in which they agree to provide compensation to you in exchange for a release from any future liability. Cases often settle when the other party admits fault, or fault is clearly established by the evidence gathered by our firm. It can be an efficient and effective outcome, allowing you to put a painful experience behind you and move on with your life.
However, once you agree to a settlement, you cannot seek additional compensation from that party. For this reason, you should never accept a settlement without speaking with us first and allowing us to review it. We want to make sure your rights are fully protected.
Attorney David E. Gordon can thoroughly investigate your case and determine the amount of damages you should rightfully seek in your claim. He can then present a carefully prepared demand for compensation to the at-fault party’s insurance company.
Our firm believes it is crucial to present the strongest case possible to the insurance company. When an insurance company sees that you are ready to win in the courtroom, it will be more likely to make a settlement offer that fully and fairly compensates you for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and all other damages.
However, if the insurer refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, we will be ready to take your case to court. Mr. Gordon is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist who knows how to present a compelling, persuasive case to a jury.
Keep in mind: Even if a lawsuit is filed and a trial is held, settlement talks can – and often do – continue. Our goal in your case will be simple: We want to do everything we can to recover the maximum amount for you.
Contact Us Today for Help with Your Memphis Personal Injury Claim
We know the stakes are high for you in your personal injury case. You can trust us to provide the care, skill and attention you deserve. We will work tirelessly to seek just compensation for the harm you and your family have suffered.
Whether your case arose in Memphis or any of the surrounding communities in Tennessee and northern Mississippi, contact us today for a free and confidential consultation. We can review the facts of your case, answer your questions, discuss all of your legal rights and options and get to work for you right away.