If you have been harmed by the careless or reckless acts of another in Southaven, you can count on the Law Office of David E. Gordon to fight for the compensation you deserve.
As a lawyer who once represented insurers in personal injury and wrongful death claims, attorney David E. Gordon knows how these companies operate. He will use this knowledge to protect your rights and seek a full and fair recovery for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and more.
We help injury victims and their families in a broad range of cases, including those that involve:
To learn more about how we can help in your case, call or connect with us online today. We can provide a free consultation at our Memphis office or at a location that is most convenient for you in northern Mississippi.
What to Expect When You Reach Us About Your Southaven Personal Injury Case
When you contact the Law Office of David E. Gordon about your Southaven personal injury case, you will speak directly with Mr. Gordon. He is focused on serving his clients – not on advertising and TV appearances. From start to finish, he will personally handle your case.
We will use your consultation to learn more about what happened to you or your loved one. You can also get to know more about us. We encourage you to ask as many questions as you may have about your case such as:
An insurance company can take anything you say – even a seemingly harmless statement – and use it against you in an effort to minimize or deny your claim. An insurance company may also take advantage of your situation and offer a settlement that fails to cover all of your damages.
Once you begin working with the Law Office of David E. Gordon, we can deal with the insurance companies for you. Meanwhile, you can focus on getting better.
How We Approach Southaven Personal Injury Claims
We will work hard to seek the maximum amount for you, starting with a thorough investigation of your case. We know how to move fast to gather and preserve evidence.
We also work with knowledgeable experts in accident reconstruction, workplace safety, life care planning and other areas. We can consult with our experts and determine why you deserve compensation and how much you should seek.
Mr. Gordon resolves the majority of our clients’ cases through settlements. Many cases can be resolved without even filing a lawsuit. By preparing cases to win at trial, he can operate from a position of strength at the negotiation table. He knows that insurance companies are more likely to make a fair settlement offer when they see his clients’ chances of success in the courtroom.
If insurance companies refuse to settle, he is ready to present the strongest case possible to a jury. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist who has sharpened his litigation skills through many years of trying cases.
The majority of Southaven personal injury cases that our law firm handles are filed in Mississippi state courts. The Circuit Court serving Southaven is:
However, depending on the facts of your case, a lawsuit may need to be filed in federal court. The federal court serving the region is the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, which has locations in Oxford, Greenville and Aberdeen.
We can continue settlement discussions through and after trial. We can also handle any post-trial motions or appeals that arise.
You will owe us nothing unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you. We will deduct costs and legal fees from your final recovery, resolve any liens attached to your recovery and make sure you get paid as expeditiously as possible.
What You Should Do After an Accident in Southaven
Car, truck and motorcycle accidents occur at a frequent rate in Southaven.
In fact, according to one insurance company’s analysis, two of the most dangerous intersections in Mississippi are located in Southaven:
- Call for help. You will want to get a police officer to the scene as soon as you can. An officer can secure the scene, investigate the crash and prepare a report. An ambulance should be immediately summoned if anyone needs emergency medical care.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). Don’t let any other driver involved in the accident to give you a phone number and say, “We can handle this without getting the insurance companies involved.” Instead, make sure to get the name of the driver’s auto insurance provider and the driver’s policy number. The police can assist if you encounter any trouble or hostility.
- Take photos. Before cars are moved and the scene is cleaned up, use your cell phone to get photos of the vehicles involved in the crash and other shots of the scene, including debris, brake marks, street lines, road signs and traffic lights.
- Get eyewitness information. People who see and hear an accident may stay on the scene until the police arrive. Before they leave, do your best to get their contact information. They will play a major role in your case later on.
- Seek medical treatment. You should see your family doctor or visit the nearest emergency room as soon as you can after a crash. You may have a serious brain injury, soft tissue injury, spinal injury or internal organ damage without recognizing it. You need to get checked and treated without delay. You also need to document the injuries arising from your accident.
In the Southaven area, hospitals you can visit for emergency medical attention include:
- Order a copy of your crash report. The report prepared by the law enforcement officer who arrived at the scene of your crash can serve as a starting point in the investigation of your case. For that reason, it is important to get a copy of it. In the Southaven area, agencies you can reach to request a copy of the report include:
You can also get a copy of your crash report from the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. Simply go to the agency’s website. A fee ranging from $10 to $20 may be charged for the report. If you have any difficulty getting a report, simply let us know when you come in for your consultation.
- Report the accident to your insurer. Your insurance policy likely requires you to report your crash within a certain number of days after it occurs. Make sure to do so. Stick to the facts. Do not accept or assign fault. Do not give a recorded statement. If you would like, we can help with filing the report.
- Don’t discuss your crash with others. If any other party’s insurance company calls you, simply refer the insurer to your car accident lawyer. Again: Do not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer until you speak with your lawyer first. You should also avoid discussing your case in public or on social media sites. Anything you say can – and likely will – be used against you by the insurance companies.
- Keep copies of everything. Make copies of all medical bills and other accident-related expenses, rental or repair receipts, insurance company letters and other documents. Keep them stored in a folder or other safe place.
- Write it down. While the events are fresh in your memory, write down what you recall about your accident. In the days and weeks that follow, you should also keep a journal about your recovery and how your injuries have impacted your life.
Don’t Wait: Contact Our Southaven Personal Injury Attorneys Today
For more than three decades, David E. Gordon has practiced law in Memphis and surrounding areas in Tennessee and northern Mississippi, including Southaven. He understands the ins and outs of dealing with insurance companies and their lawyers. He knows what it takes to pursue the maximum amount for you and your family.
Don’t delay seeking the legal help you need to get you through this difficult time in your life. Call the Law Office of David E. Gordon today or reach us online. We are ready to go to work for you right away.