When Memphis car accidents occur, victims must act quickly to protect themselves. At The Law Office of David E. Gordon, we urge all auto accident victims to call a lawyer as soon as possible in order to begin the process of investigating a crash and pursuing a claim.
We believe that one of the most important components of a successful claim is a thorough investigation that gathers evidence of how an accident occurred as well as who was at fault and should be held liable for damages.
INVESTIGATING EVIDENCE AT THE CAR ACCIDENT SCENE
One of the reasons that we encourage car accident victims to contact us as soon as possible after a crash is so we can quickly begin our investigation of evidence at the scene.
Evidence that is collected at the scene of a motor vehicle accident is often the most important evidence. The sooner that you reach out to us, the sooner that we will begin:
- Analyzing any physical evidence, including skid marks, debris, and damage to vehicles
- Requesting video and photo evidence from anyone who may have witnessed the accident or nearby businesses with security cameras
- Taking photographs of important details of the accident scene such as traffic lights and signs.
MEETING WITH EYEWITNESSES
Another important component of a vehicle accident investigation is to meet with eyewitnesses. This is even more important in the event that physical evidence is limited. The statements from an eyewitness can make or break your claim.
Tracking down eyewitnesses can be hard to do on your own as well as a little intimidating. Our lawyers have many years’ worth of experience in meeting with eyewitnesses. We know exactly what questions to ask and where to look.
HIRING ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION EXPERTS
How a car accident occurred is not always clear. When there is not video footage to back up your claim, having a highly qualified accident reconstruction expert on your side can be invaluable.
An accident reconstruction expert’s analysis can make it clear to an insurance company that one of their insured driver’s caused an accident, and as a result, the insurer should settle the claim.
If a case goes to court, an accident reconstruction expert can provide compelling testimony and help a jury to understand why your crash occurred and why you deserve compensation for your losses.
Throughout our work in the area of personal injury cases, the lawyers at The Law Office of David E. Gordon, have formed relationships with accident reconstruction experts in Memphis and surrounding areas.
WORKING WITH MEDICAL EXPERTS
Too often, insurance adjusters will not take your word at face value. This is where the testimony of a medical expert comes into play in a case.
A medical expert may be needed to assess the full extent of your injuries from a car accident and to determine how the injuries occurred. The expert can then convey that information to the insurance company or, if needed, testify in court on your behalf.
For example, a doctor can testify that he or she has formed an opinion that your chances of being able to return to work again are very slim, giving weight to the argument that you deserve compensation for diminished future earning capacity.
Or, if you have suffered psychological harm, a medical professional can explain the impact on your ability to work or enjoy a normal life.
ORGANIZING EVIDENCE FROM A CAR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
More is involved with establishing a claim than conducting a thorough investigation. All evidence that is collected must be organized and presented in a compelling manner. Our attorneys have the experience necessary to organize all of your car accident evidence in a way that presents a strong case to the insurance company or to a jury in the courtroom.
The key is to organize the evidence in manner that tells your story in a compelling fashion through documents, photos and witness accounts. A lawyer may use exhibits, computer animation, video and other means to convey this story.
QUESTIONS ABOUT A CAR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION?
At The Law Office of David E. Gordon, we will do everything that we can to investigate your auto accident and aid you in seek a full and fair settlement amount. However, we know that you will likely have some questions about our practices. For instance, you may want to know:
- How long does it take to investigate a car accident? The amount of time that it takes to investigate a car accident varies widely from case to case. Some car accident claims may be concluded in a matter of weeks, while others can take much longer.
- How much do I have to pay for my car accident investigation? Our law firm will never charge you any upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs for your car accident investigation. Instead, we will cover these upfront costs, including hiring a car accident reconstruction expert and/or medical experts. If your case is successful, we will recover our costs and fees from the verdict or settlement in your case. If your case is not successful, we will not request a payment.
- What will be expected from me during the process? While we will conduct the majority of the investigation on your behalf, we will need honest answers about what happened during the accident and the extent of your injuries. We will likely ask you a variety of car accident investigation questions. It is important that you answer these questions truthfully so we can get a clear, accurate picture of your case.
CONTACT OUR MEMPHIS CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS TODAY
It is important that an auto accident investigation begin as soon as possible. Under Tennessee law, you have only one year to file a claim from the date that your accident occurred.
To help you to file your claim on time and gather and organize all of the evidence that you will need, contact The Law Office of David E. Gordon.