What Can I Do If The Other Driver Doesn’t Have Enough Insurance To Cover My Losses?

If the other driver’s insurance fails to fully cover your losses – given the cost of medical care today, this is highly common – then you may be able to file a claim through your own underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. Attorney David E. Gordon can review your insurance policy to determine if this coverage is available to you.

In a UIM claim, you would seek the difference between what the other driver’s insurance covers and the total amount of your losses – up to your policy’s limits. In some cases, issues arise concerning the amount of coverage available to you outside of UIM. These are called “offsets.”  You should seek help from a lawyer who has a keen understanding of offsets, subrogation and many other issues that arise in UIM claims.

The Law Offices of David E. Gordon

The Law Offices of David E. Gordon